Official Press Release from Dell Philippines
· Dell’s most powerful mobile workstations, Dell Precision M4800 and M6800, offer 15.6-inch QHD+ panel with highest resolution and optional 10-finger touch on 17.3-inch.
· Dell Precision T3610, T5610, and T7610 tower workstations provide cutting-edge performance with new workstation-class storage solutions, graphics and processor.
· Engineering, oil and gas, film and many other industries rely on powerful Dell workstations to develop and “render complex 3D designs in minutes instead of hours”
Dell today announced it has expanded its workstation portfolio with the most powerful mobile and tower workstations, the Dell Precision M4800, M6800, T3610, T5610 and T7610, designed to seamlessly run the leading content creation, engineering, scientific and other professional software applications. Updated with the latest high-performance, workstation-class processors, graphics, storage, display and other technologies, the new systems demonstrate Dell’s continued commitment to delivering unparalleled performance and reliability that creative, engineering and scientific professionals require to quickly develop and realize innovative ideas.
Dell’s most powerful mobile workstations
Committed to improving the performance and personal experience and interaction with its new Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations, Dell is the first to bring a 15.6-inch Quad HD+ IGZO panel to the workstation market, with higher resolution than the Apple MacBook Pro Retina display, and the only to offer optional 10-finger Wacom multi-touch on a 17.3-inch display for intuitive control and interaction with creative and design applications. Dell has also improved audio performance with WAVES MaxxAudio Pro integration.
The new Dell Precision mobile workstations also deliver the highest performance with up to 16GB¹ of 1866MHz memory, fourth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processor options up to Core i7 Extreme Edition, and AMD FirePro and NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics, with up to 8GB graphics memory¹ on the M6800 configured with NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, for handling complex 3D work, including rendering and simulation.
Both systems also provide superb reliability with all-day battery life², including a secondary slice battery, new AMD Enduro and NVIDIA Optimus, and industry-leading endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection.
New tower workstations designed for demanding software applications
Offering an award-winning chassis design and cutting-edge technology, the new Dell Precision tower workstations include next generation workstation-class processors and professional graphics, Windows 8 factory installed, new Intel Cache Acceleration Software, PCIe SSDs and updates to Dell Precision Performance Optimizer. Designed for scientific analysis, professional engineering and complex 3D modeling, the new tower portfolio, adding to the Dell Precision T1700 Small-Form Factor and Mini-Tower, includes the Dell Precision T3610 with advanced single Intel Xeon CPU performance, the Dell Precision T5610, a high-power dual-socket Intel Xeon processor workstation in a small footprint, and the Dell Precision T7610, Dell’s most powerful tower workstation. The T7610 will offer up to 512GB¹ system memory and power up to three high-end graphics cards, including up to two NVIDIA Quadro K6000s cards starting in October.
Thierry Rouf, Director, FashionLab, said, “We work on the cutting-edge of fashion design, providing designers with sophisticated tools they need to employ the latest 3D technology in their high-end designs, so it’s important that we always collaborate with the best. That’s why we chose to work closely with Dell for a high-profile event in Paris. The workshop was supported without interruption by the latest high-end Dell Precision tower workstations."
· Dell Precision Performance Optimizer - DPPO, the first automated workstation performance tool that configures settings based on the software application, will be updated with new profiles for Siemens NX 8.5 and Dassault Systemes CATIA and French and German languages starting September 17 via online and factory install on new workstations in October.
· Intel® Xeon Phi™ co-processor 3120A PCIe card - The Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor is a new manycore x86-based computational architecture built for high efficiency and exceptional performance on highly parallel workloads. Offered as a coprocessor on a PCIe card, it works synergistically with Intel® Xeon® Processors to deliver accelerated performance on Dell Precision T7610 tower and R7610 rack workstations.
· PCIe Solid State Drives (SSDs) - Dell is the first to bring Micron PCIe SSD technology to the workstation market on its tower and rack workstations starting in October. The PCIe SSD is one of the highest performance storage options that merge SSD technology directly with the fast PCIe system communication bus.
· Intel Cache Acceleration Software – Workstation (CAS-W) - Dell has deeply collaborated with Intel to bring to market and tune the first workstation enterprise-grade storage acceleration software application, Intel CAS-W, which improves workstation application performance. It is available exclusively on Dell Precision rack and tower workstations starting in November.
As part of Dell’s Technology Partner Program, Dell Precision works with the top Independent Software Vendors (ISV) to test and certify the leading software applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Design & Creation Suites, Dassault Systemes CATIA and SolidWorks and PTC Creo, among many others, for maximum uptime and productivity. Additionally, many ISV partners also leverage Dell Precision workstations to develop and showcase their software capabilities. For example, PTC uses Dell Precision workstations to power its customer theater with a high-end, three-channel rear-projection active stereo 3D system with tracking that allows visitors to have a hands-on experience using PTC software in an immersive virtual reality environment.
Pricing & Availability:
The new Dell Precision tower and mobile workstations are available today with prices³ starting at $2,367 USD for the T3610, $2,539 for the T5610, $3,029 for the T7610, $2,482 for the M4800 and $2,669 for the M6800.
For more information, visit www.Dell.com/Precision and access the Dell Precision Workstation Advisor, www.dell.com/wsadvisor for recommended configurations for specific applications and workflows.
“From designing the fastest F1 racecars to creating the most complex visual effects in Academy-Award® winning films, our workstation customers require the latest cutting-edge technology to run their critical software applications,” said Christopher Papa, country manager, Dell Philippines. “Our new workstation portfolio gives creative, design and scientific professionals even more power, speed and reliability to imagine, create and accelerate their workflows.”
“Our companies have a long history of listening to customers to help deliver technology solutions that help accelerate product development,” said Tom Schorr, Director of Technology Alliances, Dassault Systèmes. “We are excited about the potential for Dell Precision Performance Optimizer to deliver additional value to our customers using Dell Precision workstations for 3D design in CATIA industry workflows.”
“Today professional workstation users get a new set of tools with the announcement of new Dell Precision desktop and mobile workstation solutions powered by AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. “AMD has worked closely with Dell to offer exceptional workstation-class graphics processing performance so users can work on more complex/detailed 3D models and work on larger data sets. AMD and Dell recognize the increasing requirement for OpenCL™ (Open Computing Language) support when it comes to workstation productivity with industry-leading applications.”
“Equipped with NVIDIA Quadro GPUs, the industry’s highest-performing⁴ and most capable professional graphics, the new Dell Precision workstations will allow creative and design professionals to achieve a level of success that previously was just not possible,” said Sandeep Gupte, senior director of Product Marketing for the Quadro professional graphics business at NVIDIA.
“Dell’s new Precision tower and mobile workstations, now featuring the latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v2 family and 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors respectively, offer users the opportunity to create, test and modify their ideas as they never have before,” said Frank Soqui, Intel Corporation, Technical Computing Group, Workstation General Manager. “Dell is also the first to offer Intel® Cache Acceleration Software - Workstation and worked closely with Intel to tune it for workstation applications. This innovative caching software uses a solid state drive as a file cache with existing hard drives. This accelerates the storage subsystem to I/O speeds comparable to storage made entirely of solid state drives at a fraction of the cost.”