Epson, the no. 1 projector maker in the world1, recently treated its customers to a next-generation 3D and Interactive experience through a 3-day exhibit at the SM North EDSA, Cyberzone.
The exhibit, dubbed as “Transform Your Vision - Unravel the Future”, featured a futuristic theme that reflects how Epson is leading the industry through its cutting-edge new projectors.
The exhibit kicked off with a message from Epson Philippines President/Country Manager Toshimitsu Tanaka, and a product presentation by Lyn Lizarondo, Epson’s Product Manager for Visual Imaging.
“Twelve consecutive years as the world’s no. 1 projector maker proves that Epson’s industry-leading technologies give our projectors an authoritative edge over competition,” says Tanaka. “As you can see, the 3D and interactive projector models launched today break barriers in performance, innovation, and functionality for a wide range of customers.”
The event featured four exhibit booths where Epson’s new projector models were demonstrated. Epson projectors featured in the exhibit include:
· The EB-W16 and EB-W16SK: Epson’s first 3D projectors for educational and business users – The EB-W16 is an active 3D model, and the EB-W16SK is a passive 3D model composed of two stacked projectors.
· The EH-TW6100 and EH-TW8100: Two high-end 1080p home theatre 3D projectors able to generate the world’s brightest 3D images.
· The new EB-400 series: An upgrade of Epson’s EB-400 short throw projector series to include integrated interactive functionality
· The EB-1400Wi/1410Wi: Epson’s first ultra-short throw, integrated interactive projector for business users.
The EB-W16 is an active 3D model that offers an easier setup and lower hardware requirements to deliver a stunning 3D experience, whereas the EB-W16SK is a passive 3D setup using two stacked projectors that offer brighter 3D images, and uses affordable, polarized 3D glasses that require no power.
Excitement ran high inside the Home Game Room booth, with a full gaming set-up of with the EH- TW8100. The EH-TW8100 is a 3D home theatre with full-HD 1080p capability that delivers the brightest 3D images compared to any projector in the world, thanks to its unique Epson 480 hertz frame refresh rate that is twice as fast as other 3D projectors, and which minimizes the “blackout time” between 3D image frames.
The TW-8100 also features a lens shift capability that optically corrects distortions even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen. This allows users to place it anywhere they wish with no image compromise.
The Fashion School booth featured the EB-400 series (EB-436Wi) short-throw projectors that offer users integrated interactive capabilities and a more affordable solution compared to other ultra-short throw models.
EB-1410Wi, the company’s first ultra-short throw projectors targeted for business users, was demonstrated inside a Conference room. Ideal for business meetings and collaborative planning, these new models offer very bright images that allow their images to be seen clearly even in the brightest environments, so users need not darken rooms to use them.
The EB-1410Wi is also packed with many features that are engineered specially for businesses such as:
· Ability to be used as an interactive whiteboard without an attached PC.
· Ability to project content from a diverse range of input devices – including Wi-Fi and network reception from PCs, smartphones and tablet devices, PC-free projection from USB memory devices or from the scanners of wireless printers.
· Dual-pen capability that allows two users to write/draw on the projection simultaneously.
· Multiple output options for annotated projections – direct saving of screens into common formats like JPG and PDF to USB memory devices, or to email or specific network folders – all without the need for a PC.
· Direct printing of screens to a wireless or network connected Epson printer.
· Compatibility with Microsoft Office “Ink” that allows users to write on Microsoft documents and save them back into their native format (PPTx, XLSx, DOCx).
· Ability to facilitate interactive collaboration for up to four locations across the internet where users can see each other’s writings/drawings on the same screen.
All new Epson projectors launched are designed for user convenience and compliance with industry standards: the 3D models support all 3D formats without the need for additional hardware, unlike “3D Ready” projectors that require a separate format converter to play content in 3D formats used by Blu-Ray players or 3D TV broadcasts.