Instagram Now Has Videos! Goodbye Vine?
Written By Pinoy Tekkie on Huwebes, Hunyo 20, 2013 | 3:22 PM
Video on Instagram will bring us another way to share our stories to the world. We no longer need to settle with just a static image, when we go to take a photo on Instagram, we’ll now see a movie camera icon. Tap it to enter video mode, where we can take up to fifteen seconds of video through the Instagram camera.
They've also added thirteen filters built specifically for video so we can keep sharing beautiful content on Instagram. When we post a video, we’ll also be able to select our favorite scene from what we’ve recorded as our cover image so our videos are beautiful even when they’re not playing.
"I just started on Vine and I think I won't continue using it anymore now that Instagram has video, with pretty advanced features, by the way. Goodbye, Vine.
- up to 15 seconds, at least 3 seconds
- you can DELETE or edit/rerecord parts of the vid if you make a mistake -- best part!
- no auto-playing (i hate this on Vine) - has play button ---woohoo! so you're not forced to watch anyone's video
- you can choose a cover / thumbnail for your video
- no looping
- vids will post on FB like FB video" - says Mhel
Only the people who you let see your photos will be able to see your videos. And as with photos, you own your videos.
We can’t wait to see what community will bring to video and the possibilities are endless now.