Home » , , , , , » WD Expands My Cloud Family With High-Performance Four-Bay Personal Cloud Storage System

WD Expands My Cloud Family With High-Performance Four-Bay Personal Cloud Storage System

Written By Wazzup Pilipinas on Linggo, Enero 26, 2014 | 7:34 PM





New WD My Cloud EX4 Delivers Ultimate Reliability and Advanced NAS Features with Up to 16 TB of Capacity

WD, a Western Digital company and a world leader in storage solutions for the connected life, today expanded its WD My Cloud™ family of personal cloud solutions with WD My Cloud EX4, a high-performance four-bay network attached storage (NAS) solution for creative professionals, prosumers, workgroups and anyone looking for a reliable way to save, share, back up, stream and manage massive amounts of digital data.

“The reception for our WD My Cloud personal cloud platform was extremely positive,” said Jim Welsh, executive vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. “Our single drive WD My Cloud system is the perfect solution for users that want an easy and private way to store all of their data at home and then share, save and manage it from anywhere in the world, on any device. Expanding our WD My Cloud platform to a four-bay system delivers the advanced features, customization capability and capacity that many of our customers are looking for.”

Featuring the category leading WD Red line of hard drives specifically designed for home and small office NAS systems, WD My Cloud EX4 customers enjoy ultimate reliability from the trusted name in storage. WD Red drives are powered by NASware™ 2.0 technology, which improves drive reliability and protects customer data in the event of a power loss or disruption. Additionally, WD Red hard drives feature 3D Active Balance Plus, an enhanced balance control technology that significantly improves overall drive performance and reliability.

WD My Cloud EX4 provides several capacity options, allowing customers to choose from a drive-less enclosure that allows customers to customize their capacity and add additional drives as their library of digital content grows, or an 8 TB, 12 TB or 16 TB model1. With Easy-Slide-Drive technology, WD My Cloud EX4 allows customers to easily install or hot-swap drives in seconds, without the need for a screwdriver, toolkit or trays. Additionally, customers can attach a compatible USB 3.0 hard drives to the USB expansion ports on the WD My Cloud EX4 to instantly expand their storage capacity.



Ultimate Data Protection
WD My Cloud EX4 arms users with multiple options to secure digital data from a potential loss by providing RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or allowing users to select from spanning and JBOD modes for even more options to manage data. Customers can also use their WD My Cloud EX4 to back up all of their computers and devices with WD SmartWare Pro software for PC users. Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data. The WD My Cloud EX4 can also backup itself, either to another WD My Cloud EX4 in a different location, or to cloud services such as Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive. To ensure 24/7 data protection and reliability the WD My Cloud EX4 includes redundant power supplies and Ethernet ports.


Advanced Streaming and Serving
WD My Cloud EX4 serves as a home’s digital entertainment hub, configurable for up to 16 TB of movies and music that can then be streamed to any DLNA/UPnP certified multimedia device such as gaming consoles, smart TVs and WD TV Live™ media players. The Twonky 7.2, DLNA-certified 1.5 media server and iTunes server make for simple streaming of large movie and music libraries.

Additionally, the integrated file server, FTP server, backup server and P2P download server provide advanced data serving options for WD My Cloud EX4 users.

Customers can also customize their NAS, monitor system health, manage users and energy saving features with the WD My Cloud EX4 dashboard, as well as use a suite of third party apps, including aMule, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin and SqueezeCenter.


Anywhere Access to WD My Cloud EX4
Available for iOS and Android devices, the WD My Cloud mobile app allows users to view photos, stream video and share, save and manage files from anywhere on their smartphones or tablets. The mobile app makes file sharing and collaborating simple, allowing customers to easily email files, share files as a link, and print and open files with third party apps. The WD My Cloud mobile app integrates major public cloud services so that customers can easily transfer files from their Dropbox, SkyDrive and Google Drive public cloud accounts.

Price and Availability
WD My Cloud EX4 is available at select retailers and distributed by Iontech Inc. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is PHP 17, 990 for the drive-less WD My Cloud EX4, PHP 38, 490 for 8TB, PHP 46, 090 for 12 TB and PHP 55, 190 for 16 TB. The WD My Cloud mobile app currently is available for download from the App StoreSM and Google PlayTM. WD My Cloud EX4 comes with a two year limited warranty.

Compatibility
WD My Cloud EX4 is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, as well as DLNA/UPnP enabled devices.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Pinoy Tekkie : Information Technology - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger