4th Generation Intel Core vPro Processor Now Available
Written By Pinoy Tekkie on Huwebes, Hulyo 11, 2013 | 10:05 PM
Intel Corporation announced the availability of the 4th generation Intel Core vPro processor family, formerly codenamed “Haswell,” with immediate availability for innovative desktop PCs and mobile work stations and future availability planned for Ultrabooks and tablet devices. The 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors are up to 2x faster for business productivity applications over 4-year old systems.1,2 Seven years of innovation and design have culminated in a robust set of embedded technologies for the enterprise, creating the best environment for IT professionals and end users to compute with confidence.
Today’s enterprises demand a lot from their business PCs; they need to be secure within diverse work environments threatened by computer malware and hackers. At the same time, security must be flexible so that it does not compromise or stifle business performance. Devices powered by 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors now address both sides of that equation in an integrated package of security, performance and manageability, establishing a seamless computing experience that boosts productivity throughout the enterprise. Intel offers business-class computing across a full spectrum of devices, including stylish and robust Ultrabooks, 2-in-1 devices, touch-based clamshells, tablet slates, portable AIOs, and ultra small form factor PCs.
Security: Enterprise-Wide Security Straight from the Chip
The 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors offer built-in functionalities that strengthen security and protect both business data and personal information. Remote anti-theft capabilities and hardware accelerated encryption ensures that malware and root kit attacks do not compromise business systems. Together with Intel’s industry-wide network of security partners, Intel vPro Technology offers a comprehensive field of embedded security protection and a wide choice of solutions for businesses of all sizes.
New features in security:
1. Threat Mitigation
· Intel Trusted Execution Technology augmented by Intel® Boot Guard enhances security throughout the bootup process via a root of trust based in the hardware, and extends that safe boot capability to virtual machines.
· Intel Virtualization Technology and McAfee Deep Defender* work together to protect virtualized environments against malware and root kit attacks via hardware-based services.
· McAfee DeepSAFE Technology*, co-developed with Intel, detects, blocks and remediates hidden attacks with innovative hardware-assisted security.
2. Identity and Access Protection
· Intel Identity Protection Technology provides hardware secured VPN access incorporating private keys, one-time password (OTP) tokens and public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
3. Data Protection
· Intel Anti-Theft Technology can remotely send encryption keys to lock down hard drives in missing PCs and has been enhanced for easier enterprise deployability.
· Intel Advanced Encryption Standard-New Instructions (AES-NI) enables ubiquitous encryption across business PCs with hardware-based acceleration.
· Intel Secure Key safely generates highly secure encryption keys via the hardware platform.
4. Security Monitoring & Remediation
· McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator*/Deep Command* are extensions of McAfee’s leading endpoint security management, controlling devices regardless of their on or off power state.
· Intel Platform Protection Technology with BIOS Guard protects system BIOS against stealth attacks and unauthorized updates.
Manageability -- Comprehensive Controls for Remote Management
The 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors bring convenience and operational efficiencies to the remote management of devices. IT professionals can better service a wider array of devices at a reduced cost regardless of location. Enterprise workers benefit through uninterrupted service and uncompromised performance.
New features in manageability:
· Enhanced Keyboard-Video-Mouse Remote Control offers full remote diagnose, repair and updating of systems -- now with greater screen resolution and fidelity from anywhere at any time even if systems are powered off or the operating system is unresponsive.
· Intel Setup & Configuration Software provides fast and simple PC configuration.
· Intel Active Management Technology allows IT or managed service providers to update, disable, lock, wipe or restore thousands of vPro processor-based devices remotely. It does so independent of operating system or power state, promoting an uninterrupted work environment that preserves user productivity in the course of repair.
· Intel vPro Powershell Module for Microsoft Windows Powershell allows customized management and enhanced automation with unique scripts.
Productivity -- Intuitive Designs that Improve Worker Productivity
Desktop devices continue to play a critical role in business computing and thus should reflect the needs of the modern user. The 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors enable an innovative, space-saving design in a secure package. Among the variety of models are large-screened form factors with touch/type interactivity and Windows* 8 Enterprise. Users can take advantage of the full gamut of familiar x86 applications, peripherals and drivers, including compatibility with Windows* 7 environments. High-performance power enables work between multiple applications for tackling high-quality images and complex data sets.
New features in productivity include up to 2x faster multitasking performance and 19x faster graphics performance over 4-year old systems.1,2 Additional features consist of the following:
· Intel Virtual Machine Control Structure shadowing and nesting provides fast and secure virtual desktops to better control data and applications.
· Intel Transactional Synchronization Extensions – New Instructions boosts performance for multi-threaded applications such as those that enable business intelligence and collaboration.
· Intel Rapid Start Technology provides instant-on access after waking for immediate application use while providing added system battery life for mobile platforms.
· Intel Smart Connect Technology keeps email, social networks and other apps that access the Internet constantly updated.
Future Innovation – Technology that Grows with Your Business
Security and performance needs changes rapidly. With 4th generation Intel Core vPro processors, IT professionals gain a flexible platform with a robust suite of technologies applicable to variety of business scenarios today and in the future. In 2013, Intel will add the following enhancements to the vPro family:
· Enhanced no wires experience for more seamless, secure and immersive conference room collaboration.
· Location-based services enabling workers to find and connect to locally available IT assets
· “Passwordless VPN” access eliminating the burden for multiple log-ins. Solid state storage with remote configuring, management and recovery of encrypted data.